For the fourth consecutive year, Aaron Renfro has been selected to the Super Lawyers List—a distinction recognizing the top five percent of attorneys nationwide.
- $9 million dollar jury verdict in a business dispute involving breach of contract and defamation claims
- Appellate victory at 9th Circuit Court of Appeal—reversed 9th Circuit precedent to limit the number of statutory damages awards a copyright owner may be awarded for infringement of a single work by multiple parties
Desire, LLC v. Manna Textiles, Inc., No. 17-56641 (9th Cir. 2021) :: Justia
- Briefed United States Supreme Court on copyright ruling and obtained favorable ruling
Aaron Renfro is a shareholder with Call & Jensen, specializing in intellectual property litigation and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Renfro represents a wide variety of companies—from startups, to emerging brands, to multi-national companies—with all matters of intellectual property, including patent, copyright, and trademark litigation, IP portfolio management, branding, brand protection, licensing, social media and e-commerce.
Mr. Renfro also practices complex commercial litigation, including breach of contract matters, torts, real property disputes, employment, and general business litigation. His litigation accomplishments include multi-million dollar plaintiff and defense verdicts, summary judgment awards, arbitration awards, and voluntary dismissals.
Mr. Renfro also serves as a default general counsel for many of his clients, assisting them with day-to-day legal and regulatory issues.
Mr. Renfro earned his Juris Doctorate from J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University where he was a Senior Editor of BYU Law Review. During law school, he served as a judicial extern for United States District Court Judge Bruce Jenkins. He was selected to work in Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Office of Legal Affairs and served as a Research Assistant to renowned professor of International Law, Dr. Stefan Talmon, at Oxford University.
Mr. Renfro also worked for the White House, Office of Presidential Advance, where he assisted in planning and executing events for the President of the United States.
Prior to law school, Mr. Renfro was a valedictorian finalist. He also spent two years working in the United States Congress where he worked on a myriad of public policy and legal issues.
Mr. Renfro is a regular speaker on current legal issues, particularly intellectual property issues, branding, brand enforcement, and legal issues surrounding social media and e-commerce.
- October 2022Jury Awards $9 Million To Call & Jensen Clients In Los Angeles Breach Of Contract Case This hotly disputed breach of contract case, filed in 2019, arose between Call & Jensen clients Brightex International, Inc., and Joyful Will International Limited, subsidiaries of an overseas textile company and Defendant Romex Textiles, Inc., a Los Angeles-based broker of textiles. Call & Jensen attorneys David Sugden and Aaron Renfro argued that Defendant Romex breached contracts by failing to pay for textiles and fabrics that it ordered and received from Plaintiffs between… READ MORE
- November 2021Supreme Court Rejects Petition To Undo Call & Jensen Copyright Victory At Ninth Circuit The decision preserves Call & Jensen’s critical victory at the Ninth Circuit curtailing the ability of copyright plaintiffs to recover windfalls from defendants in the same supply chain. The Ninth Circuit previously vacated a lower court’s judgment awarding multiple statutory damages awards to a plaintiff copyright owner for the infringement of its copyrighted floral pattern. The lower court awarded a separate award to the plaintiff for each defendant in the supply chain… READ MORE
- August 2018Sourcing Seminar At Magic, Featured Panelists: Aaron Renfro Sourcing at Magic- August 2018 Focus August 12-15, 2018, Las Vegas Convention Center SOURCING at MAGIC is bringing business issues to the forefront. Hear the experts and specialists who focus on the issues of “protecting” the brands of their clients in today’s wild -wild ‘social media’ culture. “Protecting Your Trademark, Your Product, and Securing Your Name on the Label”... All too many times soured investor relationships and failed partnerships have seen designer… READ MORE
- June 2018Presentation On NDA Fundamentals Call & Jensen shareholder Aaron Renfro will be presenting on Nondisclosure Agreement Fundamentals for the National Business Institute (NBI) on June 20, 2018. Registration is at this link: https://www.nbi-sems.com/ READ MORE
- June 2017C&J Earns “Rising Stars” And “Up-and-Coming” Attorneys Honors Call & Jensen is proud to announce that ten of its attorneys were named as “Southern California Rising Stars” by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine in 2017. These outstanding lawyers were honored in their respective areas of practice for attaining a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement – designations awarded to no more than 2.5 percent of California attorneys. In additional to being named Rising Stars, two of the firm’s… READ MORE
- July 2016Honor: 17 Attorneys Named “Super Lawyers” And “Rising Stars” By Super Lawyers Magazine Call & Jensen is pleased to congratulate its attorneys who were recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in its 2016 lists of “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars,” published in Super Lawyers, Orange Coast, and Los Angeles Magazine. Four of the spots on the Top 50 OC Super Lawyers were held by Call & Jensen attorneys Wayne Call, Mark Eisenhut, David Sugden, and Julie Trotter, and three of the spots on the OC… READ MORE