Joshua G. Simon
Joshua G. Simon obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Harvard Law School. His practice involves a broad range of complex business litigation, with an emphasis on employment matters, shareholder disputes, environmental law, and consumer class actions. He is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer, having prevailed in state and federal courts throughout California. Super Lawyers has awarded Mr. Simon Southern California Rising Star for the maximum number of years possible.
Mr. Simon is a keen advocate who always stays attuned to the needs and goals of his clients while helping them resolve their most difficult problems. Mr. Simon enjoys spending his spare time with his children and family and competing in powerlifting.
- January 2024Jury Awards over $40 Million to Call & Jensen Clients in Orange County Business Case A 12-person jury reached a verdict of over $30 million in compensatory damages and $10 million in punitive damages in favor Call & Jensen’s client Össur Americas, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Team Makena, LLC. The lawsuit was brought against a former officer of the subsidiary and his competing company. The former officer was found to be liable for a variety of claims, including breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets,… READ MORE
- August 2017Call & Jensen Secures Preliminary Injunction Against Former Officer Call & Jensen secured a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in superior court against a former officer of Call & Jensen’s client, precluding the officer from unlawfully competing against the client by soliciting its customers and employees. The victory was obtained at the beginning stages of the litigation and protected Call & Jensen’s client from being raided by the former officer. The team consisted of attorneys Mark L. Eisenhut, Scott R.… READ MORE
- August 2017Call & Jensen Secures Preliminary Injunction At Pleading Stage Of Trademark Infringement Case At the outset of a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court, Call & Jensen secured a preliminary injunction on behalf of a prominent medical device manufacturer against its competitors. Arguing against a tentative denying the preliminary injunction, Call & Jensen’s attorneys convinced the federal judge to change course, affirm the validity of the manufacturer’s key mark, and find that all elements of the preliminary injunction standard had been met. The team consisted… READ MORE
- June 2017C&J Earns “Rising Stars” And “Up-and-Coming” Attorneys Honors Call & Jensen is proud to announce that ten of its attorneys were named as “Southern California Rising Stars” by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine in 2017. These outstanding lawyers were honored in their respective areas of practice for attaining a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement – designations awarded to no more than 2.5 percent of California attorneys. In additional to being named Rising Stars, two of the firm’s… READ MORE
- May 2017Motion Victory: Call & Jensen Obtains Early Dismissal Of Class Action Claims Call & Jensen attorneys recently obtained a dismissal of class action allegations for their client in an employment wage-and-hour class action pending in Kern County Superior Court. After the plaintiff former employee filed a class action lawsuit against several different entities involved in oil drilling sites in California, Call & Jensen’s attorneys developed a strategy for limiting the scope of the case to solely the individual plaintiff. After a successful work-up of… READ MORE
- September 2016Call & Jensen: C&J Knocks Federal Lawsuit Out Of California Call & Jensen secured a significant transfer of venue for its client in a business dispute in federal court. Despite the existence of a forum selection clause in the parties’ contract requiring that all disputes “arising out of or relating to” the contract be filed in Florida, where Call & Jensen’s client is based, the Plaintiff filed suit in California, where the alleged work was performed. Call & Jensen’s client had previously… READ MORE
- August 2016Defense Victory: C&J Convinces Federal Court To Dismiss Putative Consumer Class Action Call & Jensen attorneys Matthew R. Orr and Joshua G. Simon secured a class dismissal with prejudice, in a putative consumer class action proceeding in a Massachusetts federal district court against Gencor, an Orange County-based herbal supplement manufacturer. The proposed class action accused Gencor and other defendants, including General Nutrition Corporation (GNC), of misleading consumers by manipulating scientific data regarding the health effects of the herbal extract fenugreek. Call & Jensen moved… READ MORE
- July 2016Honor: 17 Attorneys Named “Super Lawyers” And “Rising Stars” By Super Lawyers Magazine Call & Jensen is pleased to congratulate its attorneys who were recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in its 2016 lists of “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars,” published in Super Lawyers, Orange Coast, and Los Angeles Magazine. Four of the spots on the Top 50 OC Super Lawyers were held by Call & Jensen attorneys Wayne Call, Mark Eisenhut, David Sugden, and Julie Trotter, and three of the spots on the OC… READ MORE
- April 2016Call & Jensen: Firm Well-represented Amongst OCBA Leadership Call & Jensen is proud to be represented this year with firm attorneys in multiple leadership positions with the Orange County Bar Association. Joshua Simon is chair of the OCBA’s Banking & Lending section, and Mark Eisenhut is a member of the OCBA’s Judicial Selection committee. Jacqueline Beaumont co-chairs the OCBA’s Mommy Esq. committee, and Todd Bouton is an executive committee member and past chair of the OCBA’s Banking & Lending section.… READ MORE