Scott R. Hatch
Scott R. Hatch is a shareholder with Call & Jensen. He obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from Yale Law School in 2005. He was an Editor of the Yale Journal on Regulation, President of the Yale Entertainment and Sports Law Association, and participated in the Morris Tyler Moot Court competition.
Mr. Hatch received his B.S. in Political Science and B.A. in History, magna cum laude, from the University of Utah in 2002. Mr. Hatch speaks proficient Thai. From 2005 to 2006, Mr. Hatch clerked for the Honorable Ronald Nehring of the Utah State Supreme Court. He then practiced as an associate in the litigation department of Morrison & Foerster’s Orange County office from 2006 until 2008.
He joined Call & Jensen in 2008 and practices in the area of business litigation. Mr. Hatch is licensed to practice law in California and Utah.
- January 2024Jury Awards over $40 Million to Call & Jensen Clients in Orange County Business Case A 12-person jury reached a verdict of over $30 million in compensatory damages and $10 million in punitive damages in favor Call & Jensen’s client Össur Americas, Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Team Makena, LLC. The lawsuit was brought against a former officer of the subsidiary and his competing company. The former officer was found to be liable for a variety of claims, including breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets,… READ MORE
- February 2019Complete Trial Defense Victory Call & Jensen attorneys Scott R. Hatch and William P. Cole recently secured a complete defense victory against claims of breach of contract and fraud against the firm’s clients, following a three-week trial in the Orange County Superior Court. In the lawsuit, ProMedia, Inc. had sought over $20 Million from the firm’s clients Elevati, LLC, Aacaju, Inc., Nathan Gwilliam, and Crystal Gwilliam. Plaintiff put on its case over the course of three… READ MORE
- August 2017Call & Jensen Secures Preliminary Injunction Against Former Officer Call & Jensen secured a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in superior court against a former officer of Call & Jensen’s client, precluding the officer from unlawfully competing against the client by soliciting its customers and employees. The victory was obtained at the beginning stages of the litigation and protected Call & Jensen’s client from being raided by the former officer. The team consisted of attorneys Mark L. Eisenhut, Scott R.… READ MORE
- August 2017C&J Obtains Jury Verdict For Over $1m For Trade Secrets Misappropriation And Related Torts In July of 2017, David Sugden and Scott Hatch helped Applied General Agency, Inc. (“AGA”) obtain a jury verdict of over a million dollars. The jury found in AGA’s favor as against Greenleaf Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., Christopher Mulder, and Lucas Johnson for Misappropriation of Trade Secrets and Negligent Interference with Prospective Economic Relations, as well as against Lucas Johnson for Breach of his Duty of Loyalty to AGA. The jury… READ MORE
- June 2017C&J Earns “Rising Stars” And “Up-and-Coming” Attorneys Honors Call & Jensen is proud to announce that ten of its attorneys were named as “Southern California Rising Stars” by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine in 2017. These outstanding lawyers were honored in their respective areas of practice for attaining a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement – designations awarded to no more than 2.5 percent of California attorneys. In additional to being named Rising Stars, two of the firm’s… READ MORE
- July 2016Honor: 17 Attorneys Named “Super Lawyers” And “Rising Stars” By Super Lawyers Magazine Call & Jensen is pleased to congratulate its attorneys who were recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in its 2016 lists of “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars,” published in Super Lawyers, Orange Coast, and Los Angeles Magazine. Four of the spots on the Top 50 OC Super Lawyers were held by Call & Jensen attorneys Wayne Call, Mark Eisenhut, David Sugden, and Julie Trotter, and three of the spots on the OC… READ MORE
- May 2016Defense Victory: Successful Defense Of $100m Shopping Center Lawsuit Call & Jensen recently defended, successfully, a prominent real estate developer accused of building and selling, for $100M, a 300,000 square foot shopping center which was alleged by the buyer to have been filled with "defective tenants." The matter was resolved by a confidential settlement favorable to Call & Jensen's client. The case was handled by Call & Jensen attorneys Wayne Call and Scott Hatch. READ MORE