Wayne W. Call’s legal experience is vast. Of the thousands of cases Mr. Call has handled since 1973, including major litigations, very close to 100% have either been won at trial or settled to the satisfaction of his clients. His experience and well-known reputation encourage opposing parties to agree to reasonable settlements where possible.
Mr. Call graduated from Utah State University, cum laude, in 1971. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Utah College of Law in 1973 where he was Articles Editor for the Utah Law Review. He graduated third in his law school class and was admitted to The Order of the Coif. During his undergraduate and law school education Mr. Call received various scholarships and awards.
Mr. Call began his law practice in 1973 with the international law firm of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher – practicing in its Los Angeles and Newport Beach offices, where he was a member of the firm’s trial department. Mr. Call left Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, on warm terms, in 1981 to become a founding partner of Call & Jensen.
From the beginning of Mr. Call’s career, his specialty has been complex business and real estate litigation. There are few types of business and real estate cases Mr. Call has not handled. Matters handled by Mr. Call have included a wide variety of breach of contract cases, business tort cases, real estate cases, securities cases, intellectual property cases, computer and high-tech cases, employment cases, and insurance coverage cases. In such matters Mr. Call has represented international, national and regional companies, various financial institutions, federal and state governmental entities, universities, and prominent individuals.
Mr. Call has handled cases in various state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations and mediations. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants. He has been rated an “AV” attorney by Martindale-Hubbell for many years – and has been named a “Super Lawyer” by his peers for many years.
Mr. Call enjoys litigation. He insists that he is “just getting warmed up.” He was a commissioned officer in the United States Army and is married with six children and multiple grandchildren.
- February 2021C&J Attorneys Recognized By Super Lawyers Call & Jensen congratulates its attorneys who have been recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in its recent lists of “Super Lawyers.” Nine Call & Jensen attorneys were named “Super Lawyers” in their respective areas of practice – honors awarded to no more than 2.5% of California attorneys who have practiced law for over 10 years and attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement in their respective areas of… READ MORE
- March 2019Super Lawyers Recognition Call & Jensen congratulates its attorneys who have been recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in its recent lists of “Super Lawyers” published in Super Lawyers, Orange Coast, and Los Angeles Magazine. Nine Call & Jensen attorneys were named “Super Lawyers” – honors awarded to no more than 2.5% of California attorneys who have practiced law for over 10 years and attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement in… READ MORE
- September 2018Environmental Lawsuit Concludes With Consent Decree After substantial litigation, Wayne Call recently resolved an environmental lawsuit filed against a firm client which operates a 60-acre internationally renowned equestrian center. The lawsuit was pursued against the operator, and the City of San Juan Capistrano, for alleged violations of the Federal Clean Water Act causing pollution in San Juan Creek, at Doheny Beach and the in Pacific Ocean. A settlement was achieved on September 7, 2018 through a collaborative consent… READ MORE
- February 2018Honor: C&J Top 50 And Super Lawyers Call & Jensen is pleased to congratulate its attorneys who were recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers in its 2017 lists of “Super Lawyers” published in Super Lawyers, Orange Coast, and Los Angeles Magazine. Two of the spots on the Top 50 OC Super Lawyers were held by Call & Jensen attorneys Mark Eisenhut and David Sugden. Overall, 8 Call & Jensen attorneys were named “Super Lawyers” in their respective areas of… READ MORE
- May 2016Defense Victory: Successful Defense Of $100m Shopping Center Lawsuit Call & Jensen recently defended, successfully, a prominent real estate developer accused of building and selling, for $100M, a 300,000 square foot shopping center which was alleged by the buyer to have been filled with "defective tenants." The matter was resolved by a confidential settlement favorable to Call & Jensen's client. The case was handled by Call & Jensen attorneys Wayne Call and Scott Hatch. READ MORE
- May 2016Defense Victory: $1.6m Attorney’s Fees Award Call & Jensen attorneys recently secured an attorney’s fees award of more than $1.6 million for their client. The award followed the complete dismissal of a $10 million lender liability action against one of the firm’s bank clients and a $4 million judgment for the bank against the plaintiff in the action. The case was litigated by Call & Jensen attorneys Wayne W. Call and Todd C. Bouton. READ MORE